Attention all properties that face the winter doldrums: Now is the prime time to address one of the most important elements of a well-run establishment–team training.
Is your property currently a bustling holiday/winter destination? The tips below apply to you as well. Take advantage of them during your own seasonal lull:
3 Great Ways to Train Your Team…
…and maximize your hotel ServicePro investment. Install it, train on it, and greet the New Year ready to take on the predicted 2015 uptick in the hospitality business. Team training is a must to keep your guest service and property up to par and make the most of our solutions.
1. Video Training
- We recommend that each team member view training videos, then test for certification. This is essential for base knowledge of the hotel ServicePro system.
- Every team member receives a certificate when successful training is complete.
- No need for formal, scheduled sessions. Team members can grab a “video snack” at their convenience.
- Video training is free of charge to all hotel ServicePro users.
2. Webinar Training
- Instructor-lead, live webinars can tackle team member orientation, as well as ongoing procedural questions.
- Structured classes generally last 20-45 minutes.
- Team members have the opportunity to interact with the trainer.
- Webinars are also free of charge to all hotel ServicePro users.
3. On-site Training
hotel ServicePro offers instructor-led, customized on-site training for a nominal fee, which varies according to users’ needs.
Now that you’ve got an ace team in place, make sure your property has the infrastructure to support your hotel ServicePro system:
Want to configure your hotel ServicePro system to send text message alerts to cell phones and pagers? Make sure your devices support messaging and your service coverage reaches your entire property. Contact mobile service providers to check feature availability, functionality, and charges.
We offer ServicePro Mobile specifically for handheld devices that support HTML browsers. There’s a mobile app for iPhones or iPod touch devices. There’s also an app for internet-enabled Windows mobile devices that:
- Support HTTP browsers
- Have a Windows Mobile operating system
- Include Internet Explorer Mobile
Does your property have sufficient bandwidth to support mobile devices? Test your capacity to be sure!
System administrators are critical to a successful rollout and ongoing use of hotel ServicePro. You’ll rely on them to:
- Customize the system.
- Create and manage log-in information. The system is role-based, which means each team member accesses only the parts that relate to his/her job responsibilities.
- Train team members.
- Maintain the system.
We recommend you choose two of the following positions to execute system administrator responsibilities: general manager, operations manager, chief engineer, or executive housekeeper.
A closing word on training: when employees feel comfortable with hotel ServicePro, they’ll be more confident and produce quality results. That leads to greater customer satisfaction and–you guessed it–increased revenue!
Whether now’s your down time or prime time, we wish you all a safe, merry, and bright holiday season.
Take care and we’ll see you next year,